clic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you have for breakfast

2 posters

Names of leaders of the main cities

Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Names of leaders of the main cities Empty Names of leaders of the main cities

Post  Nemo Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:45 pm

So for the main city on Anesidora: i was thinking that we would have two leaders that were twins that worked together, one would be called Enma, which is also called yama who is a deity from Buddhist and Hindu tradition who judges the dead with either reward or punishment. and the other one could be named CIvit, which is cambodia for life. what do you think of these names?
    ok so the leader of the main city in Darfage: i was thinking we could call him jumping mouse, since that is muad dib in dune.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Names of leaders of the main cities Empty Re: Names of leaders of the main cities

Post  jkarofwilderness Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:38 pm

Do you want to just flat-out call him jumping mouse, or name him after them? Alternatively, Muad dib also wanted to be so named because the image appeared on the moon. Well, a moon. Will something similar be true in Darfage?
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Names of leaders of the main cities Empty Re: Names of leaders of the main cities

Post  Nemo Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:59 pm

i dont know, if you have any ideas regarding that i think you should tell me cause you are the name master right now :p
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Well at first I was thinking that we should name him using the scientific name for the kangaroo rat, but then I thought of the moon thing. We could name him after anything and just make it be on the moon.

So... what would be the most ironic?
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:33 pm

we could od a combination of a moon for the first name and kangaroo for the second or something like that. and then just name a moon after it
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:46 pm

So I did some research and mu'addib is an Arabic phrase meaning educator. I got a translation into Hausa, the language we used for Darfage's name, and it came out as Malam. Then we could just change the moon's face from a jumping mouse to some kind of warthog or something.
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:20 pm

thats cool, and keep his name as Malam or as Malam something, or something Malam
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:23 pm

for the holy city i was thinking the ruler could be called Caliburn or some other holy swords name. and i think that the main person in Coruscould should be named The Doctor or The M.D. or something like that.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Heh, heh, or The Dentist
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm

i was thinking that the main leader of the arcane city could be called Hurbert East. or we could have more then one fighting faction, one is more alchemical and the other is pure magic, both searching for immortality through there own means. so Hurbert East could be the leader of the alchemical and the leader of the magical could be called Grigori
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:04 am

What about chaos?
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:15 pm

well s/he could always be in the same place, and every day it could randomise hair style, color, clothing, and name.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:19 am

What if the name is the same everyday, but every other aspect different? Generally in the same place, always in the palace, but sometimes s/he moves. Gender, hair, skin, apparent class, all these things change daily.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:16 pm

So for the Law city I suggested a Latin name, Edictorum Ordines. I'm looking at Greek for chaos to build on the whole 'opposed' thing.

So for either the city or the leader of Chaos, what about "Shaos Ataktos" meaning the chasm of disorder or pit of chaos?
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:58 pm

i think that should be the city name, or maybe the planet name and we could have it in the middle of a collapsing rift of some kind, and we could use the other name for the law planet, but either or would work

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:07 am