clic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you have for breakfast

3 posters

HELP we need names for the different quarters

Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

HELP we need names for the different quarters Empty HELP we need names for the different quarters

Post  Nemo Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm

just like the name says we need help with the names for the quarters
    cadeonehalf
    cadeonehalf

HELP we need names for the different quarters Empty Re: HELP we need names for the different quarters

Post  cadeonehalf Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 am

Okay, well do you still want the Latin theme for this space station?

Separate it into four colossal rings.
    Ring 1 (outermost): Low-income residential district, call it the Ring Insula.
    Ring 2 (second from outside): Commercial District, call it the Ring Agora
    Ring 3 (second from inside): High-income residential district, call it the Ring Domi (two i's if you prefer)
    Ring 4 (innermost): Government buildings and official residences/monuments, call it the Ring Fora

All of the names are directly taken from roman terms for those districts.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

HELP we need names for the different quarters Empty Re: HELP we need names for the different quarters

Post  jkarofwilderness Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:35 am

Domi (doe-me) and Domii (do-me-aye) are pronounced rather differently.

Also, are the districts the same size? That is, is the innermost district the one with the greatest radius, in order to have the same area, or do they all have the same or similar radii, thus making the outermost by far the largest?

And what is it shaped like? Because how it looks from the outside would change all that, too.
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 pm

so ring 1 would be teh largest, but im picturing more of a disk, so it would be the top, then ring 2 would be a slightly smaller and under neath it, and so on and so forth for the other two rings at the base of ring 4 would be the library that would be spiraling down ward. so the entire thing would look like a drill (sorry couldn't find them saying the actual quote.) also the ship will be spinning in order for artificial gravity to work.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:09 pm

This video contains content from Starz Media LLC, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:27 am

sorry im not in the states right now so that could be why i could view it and you cant, ill re post the vid once i get back to CO.
    cadeonehalf
    cadeonehalf

Post  cadeonehalf Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:51 am

you're not in the states? Where did you go?

I was mostly saying that the larger the ring, the less exclusive it is. So the top right (if it is drill-shaped) is the one for commoners, followed by Commercial, followed by High Income, followed by Government, followed by Library

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:45 pm