clic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you have for breakfast

3 posters

Guild Breakdown

cadeonehalf
    cadeonehalf

Guild Breakdown Empty Guild Breakdown

Post  cadeonehalf Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Okay, so there's been a bit of out-of-forum discussion regarding guilds, and here's something Sou and I came up with:

We have 3 differing "elemental" axes in this game;

Law v. Chaos
    Arcane v. Nature
    Dark v. Light

We also have 3 main planets in this game;
    Sneaker Planet, Smasher Planet, and Cloaker Planet.

So our game has a ongoing motif of 3, yes? That's unique, and is definitely something we want to use. however, having 6 available elements, as well as super-specialized classes, means that there's a lot of surface-level complexity to this game.

Which isn't ideal. I suggest we use the guild system to help simplify the world.

Here's what I'm talking about.

When players create a guild, they start out on the main central space station. but the main space station is the only one with the power to not fall into the sun via orbit.
    When a guild decides to expand into their own space station, they must orbit around one of the 3 class planets. These planets are owned by 3 separate organizations that supercede guilds. These organizations fall into 3 main alliances:

Smasher planet: Law/Nature
    Cloaker planet: Light/Arcane
    Sneaker planet: Dark/Chaos

So when a guild initially is founded, they have no specific allegiances. However, when a guild grows enough to expand into their own station, they must then choose their alliances as a guild.
    Note that these organizations are not exclusive: A guild that expands to a station orbiting the Cloaker plant does not need to prohibit all Dark-specialized players from joining.
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Guild Breakdown Empty Re: Guild Breakdown

Post  Nemo Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:43 am

i like the idea we just need a way to make sure players dont assume, or believe that where their guild ends up is something that limits what can be in their guild.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:40 am

The other problem I see here is with the cloaker planet. We were talking about having two factions there, both searching for immortality, one through Arcane means and the other through Natural. I suppose it isn't really that much of a problem, but it is a minor inconsistency.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content