clic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you have for breakfast

2 posters

Need some help

Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Need some help Empty Need some help

Post  Nemo Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:52 pm

ok so i need help thinking of what types of instruments would best fit/would be most likely made for each of the plants and there cultures so i can try and make music specific to that region. the only idea i have right now would be 80's scifi, space music for the space station.
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Need some help Empty Re: Need some help

Post  Nemo Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:13 pm

also if people would watch this and then let me know if i should try and build a simple theme that will be catchy or work on other stuff for back ground music.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:20 am

The song doesn't have to be easy and 8 bit to be memorable. I'm with the Star Wars, Indy, and Jurassic Park, Halo line of thought.

Although if we are going for more of an 8-bit feel in all or some of the worlds, there's no reason not to.

If each world has its own feel, that might be better than a central theme. Maybe a Guild Wars-esque title theme with every world sticking to environmental ambiance.
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:42 am

no i agree with that, i just ment more we need a strong melody first. im not sure what kind of over all melody would go good for a theme though which is the hard part. like do we want something with a choir like in halo to give it that mistic feel or do we want something more epic like starwars, or something sper of the moment good to use in action scenes like indy
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:33 pm

So far we have been designing this pretty bottom up, and I think we should stick to that. While the main theme is important eventually, if we're going to work on music at this point, I think the environmental and ambient sound will be better for now.

Also, I think Star wars fits in both of those categories quite well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 am