clic

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you have for breakfast

2 posters

basic geography and other such things

Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

basic geography and other such things Empty basic geography and other such things

Post  Nemo Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:23 pm

so i guess these are now planets but it will all work out the same in the end. So Warrior Planet. This planet is not very advance as far as technology goes, but it is still one of the most vital planets in the world. the main city sits on the edge of the vast grass lands stretching out on one side and a vast seemingly endless desert on the other. The grass lands slowly turn in to a dense jungle which surround a huge ring of mountains. in the center of this ring lies a forest where the true warriors test them selves. The desert is a very important part of the culture. the people who live on this planet live very long lives. scientist believe this is due to there main export which is a red sand like substance which is the main ingredient in health potions. this substance is is mined by the people who live in the main city. there are very few charted paths to the deeper parts of the desert. and those who stray off the path tend to not return to it. the sands are filled with deadly monsters, but also full of riches from lost and buried civilizations.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

basic geography and other such things Empty Re: basic geography and other such things

Post  jkarofwilderness Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Yeah. I like the Dune-like feel. But you can hardly call it Arrakis or anything while there's a jungle.... hmm...

The name Arrakis for the planet Dune comes from the Arabian al-rāqiṣ, "the dancer". So let's name it in Chinese: 舞者, wǔ zhě.

Also, what the hell is with the text? It's grey, so you can't read it while you're typing unless you futz with your monitor or change the color...
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

basic geography and other such things Empty Re: basic geography and other such things

Post  Nemo Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:19 pm

sorry about the change i was just trying to get a skin that worked better, it didnt show me what the reply box would look like, so im sorry about the text. im glad you like the Arrakis feel to the planet, when i thought of tough warriors i thought of the fedaykin and dune. But i just felt that the planet should be more then just a desert so i added the grass lands and such, but i think that the majority of the planet should be desert. i like the Chinese name but maybe it should be more African or something like that since i think the mage city/planet is very Asian.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Well. It took a while to find a translator that worked for any of the major African languages that didn't either sound exactly like 'dancer' or was actually paying like a hundred dolllars...

But I go one for the West African language Hausa that means the dancer: Da fage.

So the planet Dafage?
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:31 pm

i think that would work
    Nemo
    Nemo
    Admin

Post  Nemo Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:05 pm

I would like to change the geography of this planet i would like to make it all desert and small area of grasslands where the main town is. the main town is on the edge of the grasslands. the grass lands stretch out for a while but still are small compared the vast desert. in the desert are half buried temples and old abandoned buildings. there are also small outcroppings of red rocks, and rock caves/basins.
    jkarofwilderness
    jkarofwilderness

Post  jkarofwilderness Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:07 pm

I think it needs an r. Darfage, the Land of Sand and Rock.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am